Submit to LYR Issue #12
Choose Your Own Adventure Issue
Love Your Rebellion is accepting submissions for Issue #12 from August 1, 2019 – Sept 23, 2019. The issue’s theme is Choose Your Own Adventure. Artists and writers are tasked with creating works that reflect on journeys of self, self-realization, and personal transformation. Read the submission guidelines below for complete art and writing requirements. Works by authors and artists from marginalized groups are encouraged.
Submission Guidelines —
The Love Your Rebellion zine seeks poetry, fiction, and non-fiction from diverse authors and artists. The LYR zine helps fulfill our nonprofit mission to empower marginalized groups through the arts. All submissions must fit the choose your own adventure theme.
Please read the Love Your Rebellion zine submission guidelines completely before submitting your work for consideration.
Accepted Submission Types
- Poetry – 3 pages
- Fiction – 500 words, max
- Flash Fiction – 200 words, max
- Memoir – 500 words, max
- Comics – No more than 4 frames
- Photography – 2 photos, max
- Visual Art – 2 pieces, max
Specifications for Writing Submissions
- Attach .doc or .docx only
- Prose: 1.5 space.
- Poetry: single space.
- Title: Place on page where the text begins.
- Text Format: Times New Roman, 12-point font, standard one-inch margins.
- No page numbers and name anywhere on the page (submit this info on the form).
Specifications for Art Submissions
- Attach .jpeg only
- 300 DPI minimum
- 1mb minimum; 3 mb maximum
Ad Spots —
Purchase an ad in LYR’s Issue #12! Businesses interested in supporting our mission to empower marginalized groups through the arts are invited to take out a 1/4 page, 1/2 page, or full page ad in this year’s zine. The LYR zine is sold in several Florida magazine markets, including Orlando, Fort Myers, and the Tampa / St. Pete area. Ad sales go toward funding the printing and distribution of the LYR zine. Price does not include graphic design.
- 1/2 page – 8.5″ x 5.5″ – $45
- Full page – 8.5″ x 11″ – $85