Submit to Murals on Tour
Artists from marginalized groups are invited to submit works for consideration in the Murals on Tour project. Murals on Tour will select artists from marginalized groups to create mural-sized pieces painted on vinyl canvases. The pieces will then be displayed on a rotating schedule at partnered businesses and organizations between November 2020 and March 2021. After the tour dates are complete, the pieces will be shown together for the first time in a homecoming celebration at Neenie’s House in East Fort Myers in conjunction with LYR and Artsemble Underground.
Submission Guidelines —
The Murals on Tour project’s goals are to participate through the arts in an ongoing conversation about the challenges facing marginalized groups. Works submitted should represent this theme. Selections for Murals on Tour will be made by a committee of community leaders that represent the communities LYR serves. Artists will be compensated $250 each for their work, and LYR will sponsor paint costs up to $75 per artist.
Each mural-sized canvas measures 90 inches in length by 33 inches in height. Every canvas has a ¼ inch grommet for hanging that is ¾ of an inch from each corner. Submissions should reflect the size and specifics of the canvas.
Please read the Murals on Tour submission guidelines completely before submitting your work for consideration.
- Artists must submit all concepts via the form at the link below.
- Submission deadline is October 20, 2020 at midnight.
- Artists may submit more than one concept.
- Artists must submit a form for each concept submitted.
- Artists may only submit their original concepts.
- Artists are encouraged to submit concepts that do not include any recognizable characters from movies, TV, or fiction.
- Artists may present collaborative concepts for consideration that include more than one artist.
- Artists must submit a sketch of the mural concept(s) in .jpg or .pdf format only.
- Mural art concept uploads are limited to 3MB in size.
Donate to Murals on Tour —
Love Your Rebellion and Artsemble Underground need your support! We need to raise $1,000 to fund payment of Murals on Tour artists. Our aim is to pay each contributing artist $250 for their piece. Thanks to a partnership with Jesi Cason Photography, we’ve already raised $500 that will go toward funding artist’s materials, like paint, sealer, and primer. Can you help us put money in the hands of local marginalized artists? Donate by clicking the button below!
Venues & Sponsorship —
Murals on Tour is currently seeking venues and sponsors. Sponsors can be loacated anywhere, but venues should be located in Lee or Collier County, Florida. Is your business or organization interested in hosting art installations or sponsoring the project? Contact Love Your Rebellion by clicking the button below!